Thursday, February 16, 2006

Old Man - Digital Sketch

This was about a 25 minute sketch in photoshop. I was working from Ron Lemen's digital painting tutorial. Ron was one of my teacher's at the Atelier. And he's a master at photoshop... and pretty much anything. This ended up looking more like a caricature of the original than a portrait. Probably because I didn't lay it in correctly. I also found that I didn't know where to go from here to make it actually look like a portrait. Lots to learn I guess. It was still fun to do. --Will

1 Comments:

Blogger Badkins said...

I like the feel of this one, the colors are well placed.

Looking at the orignal, I think you captured the likeness fairly well.

Looking at the picture by itself, there are places that could be improved, like balancing the features of the face a bit better.

... of course I don't have alot of room for criticizing, having alot to learn myself.

Glad you're blogging again!

-Brandon

2/20/2006 01:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bravenet Hit Counter
Powered by Bravenet
View Statistics