Friday, March 03, 2006

Figure Study - 2 hours

Today was all kinds of weird. Got up early to go to the studio, but due to a very strange series of distractions... Some good, some bad, some... just weird. I didn't make it there until a couple hours before it was time to call it a day. So instead of starting into the next page I decided to do some digital painting. It's been about a month since I've done any figure drawing. And I feel really rusty. But I'm really happy with this. A lot of things are finally making sense now. And I think it's time to start studying my Loomis books again. I think I needed a break to let things gel. Now I'm hungry for it again. It's a good feeling. Anyways, this painting was done in about two hours from a photograph. In photoshop with my wacom. --Will

3 Comments:

Blogger *colibri* said...

very nice. i love how you darkened her face and left the more important parts highlighted...lol

3/05/2006 03:41:00 PM  
Blogger Will Terrell said...

Thanks ya'll.

I'm glad you said that enrique. I think I'm getting closer to being able to paint on canvas, thanks to all I've been figuring out in photoshop. I'm gonna try it someday soon.

Heather, I've always thought it important to highlight the important parts. I pride myself on knowing my audience well.

3/07/2006 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger *colibri* said...

lol. i'm at a loss for words...you just make me laugh. that's what i love about you.

3/14/2006 01:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bravenet Hit Counter
Powered by Bravenet
View Statistics