Friday, May 05, 2006

Gargoyle's stuff

I just finished coloring the last page of issue one last night. I just have a few touch ups left and then uploading everything to the SLG server. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. This is a great little comic. And I really feel great about my colors. Something happened after talking to Brian Stelfreeze at Aggiecon, because there's a remarkable difference in the pages before then and after then. I imagine by the time we get to the third or fourth issue we'll be doing some really fantastic work on this book. So there's an article up at the pulse and I guess it's the same one as THIS . David Hedgecock, the penciler on the book, gives me a nice little shout out. Pretty cool. Thanks David. --Will

2 Comments:

Blogger Will Terrell said...

Thanks Enrique. I think it turned out great too. I had a lot to work with though. I'm glad you think I could do it all myself.

That's the thing though. I have the skills to pencil, ink, color and even letter and publish this. But I don't have the discipline. This coloring thing has been great for me. It's the first time that I've worked a daily schedule to meet a deadline. I have a real routine now, and almost an addiction to getting stuff done.

Before I would usually "dabble" at it. Working when I felt like it... when the muse hit me. That's also why I've never completed a full issue of anything so far. Just lots of quality short stories. So I'm starting to get the idea of how to pencil/ink/color a full story myself. Which is good, cause I've lots of them.

5/10/2006 09:36:00 AM  
Blogger Will Terrell said...

You're right. There's a definite urgency to get it done. I don't want to blow this. But the book I was working on before this was a paying gig. Penciling and eventually coloring too. But I didn't have the same urgency. I guess because there was no official deadline. Just get it done as soon as I can.

But I'm starting to Feel it now. I've got Gargoyles to work on, and I may have another series to color soon as well. But on top of that I think I can find a way to fold penciling into this schedule - Into the urgency. I can see that coloring won't get me where I want to go in my career. But it could pay the bills. Penciling is the only way to really do the things I want to do. I think that's my corporate ladder.

5/10/2006 11:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bravenet Hit Counter
Powered by Bravenet
View Statistics