Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sketch Cards

David drew up some sketch cards for the upcoming convention season and I colored them today. We print these things for the conventions to hand out to people to get free sketches done. They're really great PR. I did about 200 sketches when I was promoting the gulliver comic at Wizard World Dallas. It's great experience. Hopefully I'm allowed to share these since they're not part of the actual book and are mostly promotional material. Anyways, I really tried to paint these instead of just rendering them. For the first one I think I accomplished that, but the other two - not so much. I've been really frustrated with trying to get good brush textures in photoshop. I guess I just need to be more patient with it. --Will

4 Comments:

Blogger Bill Drastal Blog Mode!! said...

The colros on these are awesome dude. Are you guys coming to San Diego?

5/12/2006 07:04:00 PM  
Blogger Gabriel Hunt said...

You did a great job on these. Photoshop ain't easy to get a painted look with it.

5/12/2006 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Will Terrell said...

Thanks guys. I was starting to wonder. I posted these on a forum for critique and one of the mods flat out said they sucked. But I think for normal human beings it looks decent.

I know I still have a ton to learn though. Glad you guys like them though.

--Will

5/13/2006 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Hedgecock said...

What forum did you post to that said the work sucked?

5/18/2006 01:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bravenet Hit Counter
Powered by Bravenet
View Statistics