Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Kid Art

Leigh and I are pretty much moved in now. And I have my studio set up. All that's left is a new desk that I'm building. Part of the process of getting moved in was going through all of the boxes of crap that I've had cluttered and stored for the last few years. 5 LARGE trash cans and 20 boxes later, I've succeded in streamlining my crap fairly nicely. In the process of widdling through the junk I stumbled across some of the oldest art of mine, that I know of. I've drawn my whole life, but for some reason I didn't start holding onto it until the end of high school. It's disappointing because I know there was some great stuff that I wish I still had. One of my favorite things as a little kid was to dream up vehicles and stuff. I'd lay in bed and dream of all sorts of stories with them, and then later I'd draw them out on graph paper. If I remember right these were from around 5th grade. This one was one I designed to help me deliver newspapers one of my summer jobs. This is a Hulk drawing that I did in 6th grade if I remember right. It was a cover of one of the earliest wizard magazines, with a drawing from Sam Keith, which pretty much started my adoration of that man's art. This one is funny, seeing as how I'm actually working on a Gargoyles comic now. I drew this Gargoyle in spanish class in 8th grade. A couple years before the Gargoyles TV show came out. And probably the oldest drawing that I know of is this one from 1st grade. Strangely, I vividly remember drawing this. --Will

2 Comments:

Blogger BrianMORANTE said...

Those are great. Where can I get me a rocket sled?

6/22/2006 02:40:00 AM  
Blogger Will Terrell said...

In my head you can get it at the rocket sled store ...sigh. Rocket sled stores.

6/22/2006 07:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bravenet Hit Counter
Powered by Bravenet
View Statistics