Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Stephen Silver Podcasts

I've been listening to these Podcast interviews with Stephen Silver on his website. Pretty interesting stuff. He is an amazing artist. And the sure amount of time he spends drawing blows me away. I had the good fortune of getting to look through some of his old, old sketchbooks at Steve Fishwicks studio when I was living in San Diego. He said he used to drive up to L.A. and steal Silver's sketchbooks and run to kinko's to zerox them all off. I would have done the same thing. Amazing stuff. Anyways, Steve Silver mentions this quote on one of the interviews and I remember seeing the quote written on one of his sketchbooks, and I meant to write it down at the time but forgot.

“Excellence is never granted to man, but as a reward of Labor.”

-- Sir Joshua Reynolds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bravenet Hit Counter
Powered by Bravenet
View Statistics