Thursday, August 03, 2006

Update

Gargoyles Issue One Reviews I meant to post this earlier. There's a lot of reviews out for the first issues of Gargoyles. Way more than I expected. In general they seem to be pretty favorable. Actually, most of them sound pretty much the same. At least they're positive. One Two Three Four Five Six Tutorial My friend Francis showed me this awesome tutorial from Kazu (Flight, Copper) on his process for doing a comic from thumbs to completion. Very interesting stuff. I love Kazu's work. I've been a fan for a long time. I honestly had no idea that he drew this comic tradionally. I could have sworn that it was all digital. Really cool. Jeff Smith Has a new blog. He transcribes a lot of his motivations and inspirations over the years. Right now he's talking about Joe Kuberts take on Tarzan, and how it influenced his art as a kid. I'm a big fan of Jeff as a person and as a creator. And I of course am a huge fan of Bone. It's really nice being able to have that insight into what all he's done and been through, and how he made it through all of it. El Pacifico I am at once inspired and destraut at this comic. It's a group of three professional artists, all extremely talented, that decided to do a round table online comic strip. With the theme of Pirates. The art is fantastic and the storytelling fun and entertaining. --Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bravenet Hit Counter
Powered by Bravenet
View Statistics