Friday, March 10, 2006

Digital Figure painting

I've been working on this painting a little bit each night after work. I'm very happy with how it's turning out. I'm finally starting to get the realism I've always tried for. And now it seems like it's all starting to finally come together. It's strange , and amazing in a way, that I've been able to teach myself color just from what I'd learned about tonal drawing, light and anatomy at the Atelier. I've picked up a lot of little things here and there since then. But this is defintely rooted in what I learned from two semesters at the school. I can't wait to get back there one of these days to put in some real time. No telling what I'll get out of it then. This is painting is at about 3 hours. I need to do something with the background. And I'll probably continue to noodle with the skin tones. But I'm stoked. --Will

2 Comments:

Blogger *colibri* said...

it's really pretty! it looks like you have the same issue i had when i first started doing figure drawing. the bodies would be great and very realistic, but when it came to the face...it would be a cartoon.lol. it takes a minute to make the complete transition between the two worlds.

3/14/2006 01:50:00 PM  
Blogger Will Terrell said...

I've gotten that comment a few times on this painting-- that her face looks a bit cartoony. It's frustrating that I have no idea why. One of these days I'll figger it out. Glad you like her though.

3/16/2006 04:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bravenet Hit Counter
Powered by Bravenet
View Statistics